Learn how to start a company, with help from the world's top startup accelerator - Y Combinator.
Startup School is a free online course on how to start a startup.
Get advice based on 15 years of YC's knowledge, stay accountable for weekly progress, and find your co-founder.
How Startup School works
- Get the essential advice for ambitious startup founders, taught by Y Combinator partners and industry leaders.
- Go at your own pace. It will take approximately 7 weeks if you spend 1-2 hours/week.
Who is Startup School for?
- It’s for anyone at the early stages of building a startup, turning a side project into a company, or anyone curious to learn about becoming a founder.
The YC Curriculum
Learn how to build a top startup - from the same people who helped Airbnb, Doordash, Stripe, Reddit, and Coinbase get started.
How to Plan your MVP
Modern Startup Funding
How to Launch your Company in the Press
How to Get Users and Grow
How to Lead Teams
How and When to Apply to Y Combinator
The Founding Story of Facebook
On Starting and Scaling 23andMe
Boom: A Startup Building a Supersonic Jet
Also part of Startup School:
- YC Co-Founder Matching: the world’s largest co-founder matching platform, with over 100,000 matches made
- Discounts on popular products from companies like AWS, Brex, and Stripe
- A weekly update tool to track your growth and progress
How co-founder matching works:
personCreate your profile
Let other founders know your preferences for interests, skills, location, and more
searchSee potential co-founders
We’ll show you candidates best suited for you based on your requirements and preferences
hubConnect with your matches
Send invitations to founders that seem like a good fit, and explore the possibility of working together
Learn from the best startup foundersSign up